Clinical E-Scope® Electronic Stethoscope
The Clinical E-Scope® is a patented, electronic stethoscope which allows the user to amplify or record the auscultated heart and lung sounds. It features a slick-design, which allows it to be draped comfortably around the neck. With volume controls located on the stethoscope’s head, the user will find the E-Scope easy and convenient to use. The Clinical E-Scope® Electronic Stethoscope is part of an extensive line of clinical solutions for auscultation by Cardionics.
Clinical E-Scope® can be successfully used for:
For teaching purposes, it is possible to have a second person listen to a patient simultaneously: the E-Scope® has an auxiliary output for connecting to a second listener or recording device. In order for a student to hear what the instructor hears, connect the stethophone (optional purchase 718-0500) or one of the recommended headphones with the USB style connector to the sounds output located on the body of the E-Scope®.
For recording sounds heard through the E-Scope®, the side output jack can be connected to recording devices. We recommend ordering the PC Interface Cable for full compatibility. It connects the E-Scope® to a PC or recording device via a 1/8th inch stereo phone plug (optional purchase).
The E-Scope® may be used for sending heart and lung sounds over telephone lines or the Internet using a recognized telemedicine system such as PolyCom or Tandberg. The E-Scope® has been extensively tested using Cisco Teleconferencing Systems.
- There are 32 steps between the highest and lowest volume positions on the E-Scope®
- Heart Sounds have a frequency range of 20-650Hz while breath sound range from 70 to 2000Hz
- The E-Scope® is equipped with a timer that will turn the instrument off after approximately 1.5 minutes to conserve battery life
The E-Scope® Electronic Stethoscope can be used for general clinical use and can safely replace an ordinary acoustic stethoscope if amplification of the sounds is needed due to hearing loss. It is suitable for nurses, doctors or any clinical staff. For pediatric use, the optional Specialist Pediatric Bell (261-7760) can be added to provide greater sound sensitivity.
- One Clinical E-Scope® Electronic Stethoscope
- Accessory pack: a pediatric diaphragm, plastic adult bell, plastic pediatric bell and plastic infant bell
- Mushroom and hard plastic ear tips
- Selection of ear tips for maximum user comfort
- Product manual
E-Scope® can be used with a pair of Headphones. These can be ordered from Cardionics – please contact us before placing your order to make sure a compatible pair of Headphones and accessories is included. Cardionics offers the following choice of Headphones:
- Headphones with Micro USB for Second Listener (718-0410)
- Convertible-Style Headphones with Micro USB (718-0420)
Consider the E-Scope® Hearing Impaired Model (718-7700) if looking for an alternative stethoscope which is compatible with auditory accessories.
|18 × 9 × 5 in