Self-Teaching System (STS) for Cardiac Auscultation
The Self-Teaching System (STS) is a guided program that introduces students to cardiac auscultation.
The four-course system includes the STS software, pulse palpator, sounds reproducer and 50-page illustrated workbook.
This system was developed at the University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB) in Galveston, Texas.
- Introduction to cardiac auscultation
- Normal variant heart sounds
- Abnormal heart sounds and murmurs
The lessons include:
- Introduction to Cardiac Auscultation and Normal Heart Sounds
- The Normal Variant Heart Sounds
- Abnormal Heart Sounds
- Individual text workbooks
- Sounds reproducer
- Pulse reproducer