PAT® – Pediatric Auscultation Trainer
Pediatric growth and developmental issues require careful attention to recognize the signs and sounds associated with pediatric specific disorders. PAT® is the perfect torso manikin for healthcare simulation and teaching the critical skill of pediatric auscultation.
The manikin simulates the anatomy of a child with correct pediatric auscultation sites and has been developed to be easy to operate. Out of the box, PAT® can be connected and set to teach the desired cardiac, lung or bowel sounds. Cardionics has designed PAT® to create a comprehensive auscultation training experience while completely eliminating the frustration of incorporating complicated educational tools in the classroom. Apart from teaching auscultation skills to the entire class, students can also practice their hands-on skills in self-study with the PAT® torso without supervision.
PAT® contains close to 100 normal and abnormal cardiac, respiratory and bowel sounds of the highest quality. And with the built-in speakers, students can auscultate using their own stethoscope receiving crystal clear sounds. With PAT®, there is no noise disturbance from interior mechanics.
PAT® manikin is light, portable and easy to carry. Instructors can bring PAT® to the skills lab, classroom or auditorium ensuring students spend adequate time practicing their auscultation skills. When the optional speaker (718-9011) is connected, educators can play relevant sounds for the entire class while demonstrating correct stethoscope placement.
Auscultation training with PAT® features:
- Comprehensive auscultation library consisting of 69 heart sounds, 7 heart-lung combinations, 18 lung sounds and 4 bowel sounds
- Libraries and tests to fit specific lectures and programs
- Auscultation using any clinical stethoscope
- Phonocardiograms for every sound
- Customized volume adjustments
- Lesson guides for each condition
- Delivered with a laptop with pre-installed software
- Hard-shell carrying case (718-8806) and speaker system for group instruction (718-9011) sold separately
- Available in light and dark skin version
- Unlimited technical support
PAT® is a high-fidelity yet simple to operate training manikin. With a remarkably user-friendly interface, instructors can program their lectures within seconds. When using the auscultation training manikin PAT®, simulation educators can provide a variety of versatile and customizable experiences to Standardized Patient Programs and Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE).
PAT® delivery content:
- Portable PAT® pediatric auscultation torso
- Laptop with pre-installed software
- Digital copy of PAT’s Lesson Guide
- User manual
- Unlimited technical support
The purchase of PAT® includes a complimentary 1-year SAM Online® license. SAM Online® is an interactive online auscultation training platform that gives students and instructors access to an extensive simulated sounds library of adult and pediatric sounds and lesson guides for over 60 conditions. The comprehensive sound library and the instructor aid make SAM Online® suitable for every level of auscultation training.
|29 × 19 × 21 in
Dark Skin, Light Skin