SAM II® — Student Auscultation Manikin
The auscultation training manikin SAM II® was developed to be simple and easy to operate. Out of the box, SAM II® can be connected and set to teach the desired cardiac, lung, bowel or bruit sounds. Cardionics has designed SAM II® to create a straightforward yet memorable auscultation training experience, while completely eliminating the frustration of incorporating complicated educational tools in the classroom. Apart from teaching auscultation skills to the entire class, students can also practice their hands-on skills in self-study with SAM II® torso without supervision.
With the training manikin SAM II®, Cardionics has taken student engagement in auscultation education to the next level. The popular SAM II® has palpable pulse and EKG waveforms of every heart sound. Additionally it is available in 7 languages: English, French, German, Polish, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish. Combined with the included Lesson Guide and phonocardiograms for each sound or condition, students will have access to everything they need to master their auscultation skills – including the recognition of a COVID-19 lung sound.
SAM II® contains close to 100 normal and abnormal cardiac, respiratory, bowel and bruit sounds of the highest and clearest quality. And with built-in speakers, students can auscultate using their own stethoscope receiving crystal clear sounds. With SAM II®, there is no noise disturbance from interior mechanics.
Weighing just over 20 pounds, SAM II® is portable and an easy to carry. Instructors can bring SAM II® to the skills lab, classroom or auditorium — ensuring students spend adequate time practicing their auscultation skills. Teachers can also play videos of simulated case studies for students to grasp healthcare professional-to-patient interaction techniques.
Auscultation training with SAM II® features:
- Comprehensive auscultation library consisting of 35 heart sounds, 11 heart-lung combinations, 27 lung sounds, 11 bowel sounds and 6 bruit sounds
- ECG waveforms for all heart sounds
- Covid-19 auscultation lung sound
- Auscultation with any clinical stethoscope
- Palpable carotid pulse
- Software available in 7 languages: English, French, German, Polish, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish
- Delivered with a laptop with pre-installed software
- Hard-shell carrying case (718-8805) and speaker system for group instruction (718-9011) sold separately
- Available in light and dark skin version
- Unlimited technical support
- Portable SAM II® male auscultation torso
- Laptop with pre-installed software
- Digital copy of SAM’s Lesson Guide
- User manual
- Unlimited technical support
SAM II® is a high-fidelity, yet simple to operate training manikin. With a remarkably user-friendly interface, instructors can program their lectures within seconds. When using SAM II®, simulation educators can provide a variety of versatile and customizable experiences to Standardized Patient Programs and Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE).
The purchase of SAM II® includes a complimentary 1-year SAM Online® license. SAM Online® is an interactive online auscultation training platform that gives students and instructors access to an extensive simulated sounds library, lesson guides for over 60 conditions and tools to chart the learning progress. The comprehensive sound library and the instructor aid make SAM Online suitable for every level of auscultation training.
SAM II® — Student Auscultation Manikin Sound Library Info Sheet (PDF)
|Dimensions||33 × 19 × 21 in|
Dark Skin, Light Skin